Here is an update on Spark’s ways of working at Red Light Phase 2 and our ask of you.
The Prime Minister recently announced that from Tuesday, 15 February 11:59pm the country will move into Phase 2 of our Omicron response.
At Spark we have always said that the time would likely come when we’d need to reassess building access for our people and our suppliers, depending on the spread of Omicron across the country. We need to balance the health and safety of our people alongside our business’ ability to continue to keep Aotearoa connected.
Restricted access to Spark corporate buildings
We have made the decision to restrict access to our corporate buildings from 11.59pm, Wednesday 16 February 2022.
We have asked our people who normally work from these locations to work from home and ask that no external visitors visit Spark corporate buildings until further notice.
- Spark City - Auckland
- Spark Central - Wellington
- Spark Square - Christchurch
- Other Spark buildings where our people work from, not currently identified below under Spark Critical Operational sites
Access to Spark critical operational sites
Spark critical operational sites will remain open to ensure our business’ ability to continue to keep Aotearoa connected and to ensure we are delivering on key projects.
However, we ask that your people only visit these sites if it is absolutely necessary. We also ask that if any of your people who visit these sites have any symptoms of Covid-19 that they return a negative test before they visit.
For those suppliers who have people that work from any of Spark’s critical operational sites, please note we have introduced these additional Health and Safety protocols:
- Seating distances – Due to the highly transmissible nature of Omicron, all seating must be at least 2 metres apart.
- Masks – Face masks must always be worn, except when working in your designated work area. This means that you must wear a mask when using the lifts and stairwells, and when visiting the toilet. In short, if you leave your work area for any reason then you must wear your mask.
- Swiping of access card – access cards must be swiped every time you enter an area that requires you to do so. We ask that you do not tailgate behind someone else or allow others to enter with you without swiping their access card first. This is important so that in the event of a Covid outbreak, we can contact every person who was in an area of interest at a specific time.
Spark critical operational sites:
- Mayoral Drive - MDR
- Airedale Street - ATC
- Hamilton - HTC
- Hereford Street - CHC
- Porirua - PRO
- Papakura - PAK
- International Sites - WRK, TCT and PCT
- All Spark Data Centres
- Spark Sport live production sites
This change to our ways of working is not indefinite and we will reassess our position in a month’s time and update you accordingly.
Thank you for your support.