Spark New Zealand today announced the appointment of Aliza Beckett to the newly created role of Strategy Director, which will join the Company’s Leadership Squad.
Ms Beckett brings more than 20 years’ experience in strategy and corporate development, with a career spanning multiple international markets.
She was most recently Vice President of Strategy and Corporate Development at Liberty Global London, a telecommunications company specialising in converged broadband, video, and mobile communications, with significant investments in cutting-edge infrastructure, content, and technology ventures. Prior to this Ms Beckett held a variety of senior roles at Amazon Studios, Google (YouTube), and McKinsey.
Spark CEO Jolie Hodson said: “We have a strategic focus on growth and building a set of core capabilities that will differentiate us from our competitor set and grow the top line in both our established markets and those that we see playing a bigger role in our future. This new role will further strengthen this growth focus and help to accelerate our transition from traditional telecommunications services to a broader range of digital services that capitalise on the significant investments we are making in emerging technologies like 5G, IoT, and AI.
“Aliza has extensive sector experience driving growth strategies and will bring a unique, international perspective to Spark.”
Ms Beckett will join the Leadership Squad during June 2022, following her relocation from the UK.
From that time, the Spark Leadership Squad will be as follows:
- Chief Executive, Jolie Hodson
- General Counsel, Melissa Anastasiou
- Marketing Director, Matt Bain
- Strategy Director, Aliza Beckett
- Technology Director, Mark Beder
- Corporate Relations and Sustainability Director, Leela Gantman
- Finance Director (CFO), Stefan Knight
- Customer Director, Grant McBeath
- People, Culture, and Ways of Working Director, Heather Polglase
- Product Director, Tessa Tierney