New Prepaid packs and Pay Monthly plans for consumers and small businesses include rollover so customers can keep data and minutes for when they need them most.
From today, Spark mobile customers can choose to have their unused data and minutes roll over. Customers who move onto one of the new packs or plans can now roll over up to a total of 3.5GB and 500 minutes, giving them more choice as to when they use their data and minutes.
Clive Ormerod, GM Customer and Marketing for Spark explains, “Following the launch of our Unlimited mobile plan for $79.99, we wanted to do something more that could benefit all our customers.
“Over the past year we’ve added up to 60% more data across our mobile plans, and thrown in access to popular streaming services Lightbox and Spotify, but something our customers have never stopped asking us for is Rollover – so now we’re giving it to them.
“On these new packs and plans, every Spark mobile customer has the freedom to be more flexible with how they use their precious data.”
Ormerod said that in the past, activities like web browsing or social media scrolling tended to use a more consistent amount of data. Now, with the introduction of apps, data-hungry video and an increasingly rich online browsing experience, customers’ data use was more variable and their mobile services need to reflect that.
“Our customers don’t want to accidentally use all their data because their social networks posted more video selfies, or a bunch of high spec files came through from a colleague. With Rollover, our customers can keep up to 3.5GB of unused data for the times they need a little more – something that’ll be especially useful coming into summer.”
To accommodate Kiwis’ growing appetite for mobile data, Spark has injected $383 million into its mobile network over the last three years, providing greater capacity and enabling New Zealanders to do more with their data than ever before.
Spark customers who want to get Rollover data and minutes can make the switch to one of the new plans or packs through the MySpark app, online at spark.co.nz or by calling 0800 800 123. Those who want to remain on their current pack or plan don’t need to do anything.
Summary of Rollover packs and plans | Download consumer | Download business
Notes to the editor
- Rollover data and minutes is available only with a new Spark mobile Rollover pack or plan. Customers can roll over up to a total of 3.5GB and 500 minutes. Rolled over minutes and data expire after 12 months. Mobile Extras do not roll over.
- The new Pay Monthly Rollover plans include complimentary Spotify Premium, Lightbox and 1GB of free Spark WiFi per day. Note, complimentary Spotify Premium and Lightbox are not available to users added to an account via the $29.99 ‘add a person to your plan’ option.
- The new Prepaid Rollover packs run on a four week cycle and include half price Spotify Premium and 1GB free WiFi each day.
- Anyone wanting to stay on their current pack or plan, instead of a new Rollover option, can do so. Pay Monthly customers don’t need to do a thing to stay on the plan they have. The easiest way for Prepaid customers to ensure nothing changes, is to set their pack to auto renew each month.
- New mobile Extras include data increases (1GB for $15 or 2GB for $20) and a price drop on the $15 Talk Boost (previously $20), along with a new Talk and Text option of 50 NZ minutes and 1000 NZ texts for $9. Mobile Extras do not roll over.