- With an increasing demand for mid-range smartphones, and as Huawei’s New Zealand market share reaches an all-time high – the nova 3e will further elevate Huawei’s mid-range smartphones beyond its competitors.
- The new HUAWEI nova 3e is one of the only mid-range smartphones that unlocks with facial recognition, exclusively from Spark and partnering retail channels from Thursday 14 June.
- Customers who purchase the new HUAWEI nova 3e 24-month-interest free on Spark’s eligible pay monthly mobile plans will receive a free set of Jaybirds headphones valued at $329.
Spark has today enriched its growing mid-range portfolio with the new HUAWEI nova 3e, which fuses high-end design and performance with exceptional value. Equipped with high-quality front and rear camera, maximum storage capability, 4GB RAM and currently one of the only mid-tier device that unlocks with facial recognition, Huawei has ensured that the nova 3e is distinguished from all mid-range competitors.
Spark’s General Manager of Customer and Marketing, Richard Sandford, says “it’s well known that the smartphone market is moving at an unprecedented rate, pushing the boundaries of innovation and design. However, year-on-year the cost of flagship smartphones is also on the rise and often out of reach for many. The HUAWEI nova 3e levels the playing field and delivers advanced features to everyday Kiwis that were previously only available in the premium market.”
Equipped with facial recognition, the HUAWEI nova 3e can unlock the screen in fewer than 800 milliseconds. HUAWEI nova 3e’s facial unlock functionality is built on an algorithm involving comparisons of more than 1,000 human facial details and cannot be unlocked with closed eyes. The facial comparison data is stored in the device’s CPU TEE area for optimal security.
“Over the last four months the mid-range smartphone market has doubled in size. This is because the difference between a high to premium smartphone versus a mid-range smartphone is becoming progressively slimmer. Customers no longer need to spend thousands to get exceptional experience, with high-grade specifications and functionality,” says Richard.
Huawei’s nova 3e rear camera is designed to deliver enhanced image quality while taking up 44% less storage space. Armed with a 16 MP + 2 MP dual-lens camera it can produce 11 different lighting options, AR effects and even the capacity to use gestures to activate a 3-second timer to snap a photo from 1.5 metres away. Amazingly, the front camera also captures at 16 MP and includes 96 facial recognition points – positioning it as one of the best mid-range selfie cameras in market.
General Manager for Huawei NZ Consumer Business Group, Gavin Cheng, says this year Huawei has seen record sales in New Zealand and is performing better than ever before. “We believe the best of the best should be accessible for everyone, and we’ve worked hard to create a smartphone that can be sold at an affordable price-point, without compromising on quality.”
As an efficient, powerful and intuitive device, Huawei’s nova 3e EMUI 8.0 interface takes full advantage of the integration of software and hardware to optimise the CPU for powerful performance, smoother user experience, and intelligent human-machine interaction. EMUI 8.0 also learns users’ habits and usage patterns in order to intelligently predict their needs for better performance.
Furthermore, Huawei’s nova 3e is fitted with multi-tasking features such as the floating navigation dock for easy-switching between applications or returning to the home screen. The three-finger fast screenshot mode captures things that go even beyond the screen’s display. By simply dragging three fingers down the screen the nova 3e will ‘scrollshot’ to your desired end-point making one clean screenshot to share with friends and family.
Wrapped up in a double sided stunning glass surface, with 5.84-inch FullView 2.0 display and boasting thinner bezels than ever before, the HUAWEI nova 3e offers an immersive viewing experience. Huawei’s nova 3e will be available in both Klein Blue and Midnight Black for $499 exclusively from www.spark.co.nz or in store from Spark and partnering retail channels.
Notes to the editor:
HUAWEI nova 3e
- Clean, stunning design with 2.5D double sided curbed glass surface, diamond-cut high glass grooves and a new 5.84-inch FullView 2.0 display with barely-there bezels.
- 16MP + 2MP rear dual camera featuring background Bokeh
- 16MP front camera with an f/2.0 aperture
- Supports Te Reo Maori as a standard language option
- Quick Charge 2.0 and 18W
- Enhanced audio experience – new Huawei Histen 4.0
- High resolution of 2280x1080 FHD+, a high PPI of 432 and retina HD display
- Android 8.0 operating system
- Intelligent UX – New EMUI 8.0 provides:
- Ability to identify when you don’t want to be interrupted e.g. playing games and will suggest split screen
- Improved mistouch recognition – now above 90%
- Fast charge, 3000mAh battery with 18W fast charge technology of 9V/2A – 30 minutes charging provides 43% battery life
 Eligible Spark Pay monthly plans include open term 24-month
interest-free on a $59.99 plan or above.