Following the launch of Spark’s first unlimited mobile data plan, customers on the plan now have the option to use some of their unlimited data for hotspotting and tethering other devices. People on the Spark unlimited plan can now choose to buy a $10 Hotspot Extra for 10GB of their unlimited data.
Jason Paris, CEO of Spark Home Mobile and Business, explains, “When we launched our unlimited mobile plan, we were very clear that to be able to provide unlimited data at the cheapest price New Zealanders had ever seen, it had to be unlimited data just to your phone – not to all your devices, or to share with family and friends.
“The new plan has been really successful, with thousands of New Zealanders now taking advantage of unlimited mobile data. However, a few customers also wanted the option to share some of that data with other devices.
“So, we listened to that feedback – and today, we’re launching an Extra that gives customers on the unlimited plan the option to pay $10 to use 10GB of their unlimited allowance for tethering or hotspotting.”
Notes to the editor:
- Tethering or Mobile Hotspots on Unlimited Data plan only enabled when a Hotspot Extra is purchased.
- $10 Hotspot Extra lasts for 30 days from time of purchase, and is valid for up to 10GB of tethering and hotspotting.
- Usual plan speeds apply.
- Only 1 Hotspot Extra can be purchased in any 30 day period.
- Hotspot Extra only available on Spark.
- Spark plans to launch an additional $1 for 1GB Hotspot Extra in a few weeks’ time.